One Sweet Ride (Play by Play, #6) - Jaci Burton I think that I read this book solely because of the cover. I do like Jaci Burton's Ellora Caves' fantasy series but I think she's being repetitive with her contemporary writings. Its a simple story about the son of a politician who disown his father to pursue a career in racing and a woman who work for the father's presidential campaign and found love with the son. I guess the main point of this novel was the explicit scenes. I couldn't buy into the whole bland female main character and their chemistry are puzzling. The parts I enjoyed was the relationship between Gray and his family. At this point, I do wish the author would go back to paranormal romance as I know her strength is right there and not in this type of sport-theme romances. I doubt it would appeal to a lot of sport fans except maybe the wives of sports fanatics. There are basically not much of plot inside the novel except some drunk guy in racing, Gray's stubbornness and Evelyn's determination for Gray to reconcile with his father and also Evelyn's problems with her feelings. I do like the previous book (Thrown by Curve) but this one fell short again with undeveloped main characters and storylines.