Magic Bites -  Ilona Andrews I thought that I would change my mind about the series after all these years. But nope, its still the same marvelous UF series I've ever read. Review later after Raya. No mood for it.=====2011 review=========I would have let rate it lower if I don't have the rest of the book. Basically the whole book functions as an introductory for the readers to the characters of the series, like a pilot episode of a tv series. If you read Keri Arthur's Riley Jenson series, Richelle Mead's Dark Swan series and a manga called Alice 19th by Yuu Watase, this book had some elements similar to them.We are introduced to the main character, Kate Daniels, a lone mercenary-slash-mage who wields a magical sword called Slayer and the unfortunate day when she found out her guardian died a horrific death. Feeling rather vengeful, she used her investigative skills and connections to track down the killer. Located in a futuristic world where technology was dying and all things that are wicked came in magical beasts, shapeshifters, zombies and no sparkling but bloodthirsty vampires, the book is very intriguing and more action packed than a rerun of Spartacus : Blood and Sands. Add in a dose of supernatural and hint of seduction in it, never-ending thrill of an adventure is guaranteed.