The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood I have serious misgivings with this book. I cant decide whether I love or hate this book and what it represented. I just felt emotionally compromised while reading this. The worst part of all. I'm not even sure this book is dystopian since there are too much realism in it to be denial over it.Written in the most perfect way of first person narrating. The writing is beautiful and henious at the same time. It is not possible to deny that Atwood have achieved what she had done to this an almost autobiographical novel where only a woman with a great mind and cleverness could with her ability in describing the story that was originally hers in so many ways. A talent that I envy and admire despite the obvious disturbing nature depicted in her book.The Handmaid's Tale is perverse and powerful in so many ways. Told passively by an annonymous narrator who was called Offred, a nomenclature disambiguation derived from a form of ownership toward the man called Fred. Basically a diary of her life, she detailed carefully on the ways of the christian fundementalist living that the government enforces on them by gender segregation, complete observence to the religious conduct, practice of modesty of either the willing and the unwilling, public condemnation and execution of those who defy them, constant conditioning and preaching, female subjugation,, fertility ideas, victim blaming, the corruption of the system, the pervasion of those in the higher rank of the system (Eeriely, similar to how some folks wanted my country to be in). As much as I can sum up on how Atwood aggressively portray the world accordingly to the extreme, but her world does gave us a view on how skewed morality and the stretch of inhumanity that people would do in time of desperation which in this case - lower birthing rate and complete governmental reform).As much as folks would mark her in scarlet red for dangerously portraying religious extremism. I wouldn't be surprised of how Handmaid's Tale rung through the heart toward the core of woman's affair especially how modesty, submissiveness and ignorance solve nothing next to the fumes of misogyny in that religious utopia. I still couldn't shake the feel of perverted miasma that had latched on my conscience even after I've finished. The novel is a nightmare to any free thinking and educated female and very persuasive in nature. And I still couldn't be in denial over the fact that Atwood is right on most account nor I could deny that the issues is as real as one would try to dress it up by their faith that idealise their perversion and ego.