Bad Medicine #1

Bad Medicine #1 - Nunzio DeFilippis, Christina Weir I’ve requested the comic from the publisher because the blurb which is mighty interesting. However, when I found out that the copy was only 32 pages, imagine my dissapointment and realize its a new series which is umm.. interesting.The story revolved around a detective investigating a murder. She found out that although the corpse is headless, she actually can TOUCH the absent head. Curiously, she called for help from the CDC and a doctor called Dr Horne to investigate. But sinister events followed when there were links in more death in which all involving Dr Horne.Unfortunately, as you all were aware that I am a huge fan of Fringe. So even if I like the heavy medical terms inside – it is intriguing. I’m all for retroviruses embedding into the host DNA altering the cellular function including brain function – but it like a season 4 Fringe episode rerun that pays tribute to HG Wells’ The Invisible Man.Reading 32 pages of the graphic novel doesn’t really provide enough material to do a full review on the entirity of the story but for a short copy, its not really a bad piece of science fiction procedural crime comic. I would want to get more of it but since it does provide a good first impression by the artwork which is very noir with a slight Hellsing into it. Again, its 32 pages, I usually do reviews on full graphic novel volumes. sigh….I could say that the novel is written for fans of HG Wells, Fringe and clever readers seeking medical science fiction which is a difficult and rare genre altogether.The cliffhanger and the extra at the end sort of helped with the continuation of the comic series. And I hope its a good thing, Fox’s Fringe that had recently finished its season 4 airing might help since there’s barely anything science-fiction-interesting in tv these days.The monthly graphic novel will be out on 13th June 2012 by Oni Press.